Four artists and designers with research-based practices have been invited to guest curate five consecutive and overlapping exhibitions using the archive as a starting point. Drawing on seemingly disparate documents and materials, the artists were invited to delve into the archives and formulate their own readings in the form of temporary exhibitions.
The I-DEA project space will evolve throughout 2019 in the form of exhibitions, performances, workshops, publications, and a growing online platform.
As a member of Open Design School Matera I am responsible for the design of the exhibition.
Navine Khan-Dossos & James Bridle
Carved wooden objects (Intagliati) by Guiseppe & Giovanni Di Trani
Books by Leonardo Sinisgalli
Sculptures by Gianfranco Lionetti
Documents from the state archive of Matera and a TV spot for Pirelli by Toni Pagot
Skycam of the Matera Space Agency
Photos by Mimmo Castellano and poems from the book "Paese Lucano" by Castellano and Leonardo Sinisgalli
- Curator: Joseph Grima
- Associate Curator: Chiara C. Siravo
- Head of Exhibition Design and Production: Elisa Giuliano
- Venue Architect: Antonio Elettrico
- Production: Sofia Coutsoucos
- Developments and Relations Manager: Rossella Tarantino
- Project Manager: Rita Orlando
- I-DEA website and visual identity: Omnigroup